“Method of exercising using FacExer” is a systematic and particular routine for face and neck muscle strengthening. FacExer is exercise equipment intended only for general physical conditioning for individuals who lack physical impairment.
Day 1. You have received your FacExer. Please unpack it carefully to avoid damage to FacExer.
1) Wash FacExer with soap and water prior first use. Wash FacExer before and after each session of exercising. For care please refer to the enclosed brochure. You can find more tips in our blog.
Remember: FacExer is your personal exerciser and it shouldn’t be shared. Take care of it like you are taking care of your tooth brush.
Important: never remove logo tag from FacExer, never insert logo tag into your mouth.
3) We advise to use a mirror during exercising.
2) Prepare your skin: remove makeup, wash your face and apply as needed your regular well known to your skin moisturizer to keep your skin well hydrated during exercising. (please do not introduce any new skincare product with unknown to your skin reaction today).
4) Start from the resting position “1”– standing, sitting or lying down with lips closed, tongue is flat and resting on the roof of your mouth with tip of the tongue behind the front teeth. Your upper and lower teeth are in relaxed position and are not engaged. Breathe deeply through your nose, feeling your entire torso expand outwards. Slowly breathe all the way out. Maintain that breathing pattern through every exercise described below.
Note: It is very important to maintain your proper “oral posture” during exercises – please pay particular attention to your tongue position and make sure you are not engaging your teeth during exercising. Always keep your upper and lower jaw in relaxed comfortable position.To check yourself for proper oral posture make a swallowing movement - your tongue should be on the roof of your mouth and lips are not moving.
Warning: Do not exercise with any removable dental appliances in your mouth.
Return to position “1” after each exercise.
5) Warm up exercises.Warm up your muscle tissue and joints , release tension-
we hold a tremendous amount of tension in our head, face and neck muscles. Warm up exercises are recommended before and after every exercising session.
Sitting position is preferable for warming up exercising.
Important: During any exercising your skin should be held in place by FacExer and should be moving in unison with muscle tissue underneath. FacExer is YOUR personal exerciser which is shaping and fitting exactly to YOU, embracing YOUR particular forms, gently holding skin in place to prevent wrinkle formation during exercising.
5a) Keep your right (left) hand with palm up parallel to the floor. Place FacExer on the top of your palm. Drop your forehead on FacExer and gently press it with your forehead 10 times. Important: use your neck muscles, not your hand to produce pressure.
5b) Press your right temple area against FacExer. Gently press FacExer 10 times with your temple area. Repeat for left side.
5c) Press your right cheek area against FacExer. Gently press FacExer 10 times with your right cheek. Repeat for left side.
5d) Press your chin against FacExer 10 times. Then make 5 circles clockwise and 5 circles anticlockwise with your chin while still pressing FacExer.
Now you are ready to exercise.
Remember: all exercises will build up your strength by steadily resisting force. Doing the exercises properly is important. Take your time and focus on each motion as well as the muscles you are using:
1) Forehead and upper face muscles Part 1. Stretch FacExer horizontally and press your forehead against FacExer firmly in order to stabilize skin. Lift eyebrows as far upward as is possible, working against the resistance created by the FacExer. Your tongue is pressing roof of your mouth. Hold in this position for a count of 5. This exercise provides work out for head, upper face (forehead and muscles around your eyes), neck and tongue muscles as well. Repeat 5-10 times.Please refer to part 1 of the video provided below if you using 2 FacExeres simultaneously.
2) Sucking motion exercise is the most important exercise. You will notice that majority of the muscles above your shoulders – muscles of the neck, chin, tongue, forehead, around your eyes, around the mouth - are engaged isotonically or isometrically in this motion exercise.
Place the middle part of the FacExer in your mouth between tongue and roof of the mouth. Press remainder of FacExer against your lips and chin. Do not engage your teeth.
Hold the FacExer with your lips and start sucking motion with your tongue. A suck occurs with positive pressure and negative pressure. Positive pressure occurs when the jaw elevates, the tongue elevates to the hard palate, and the lips are sealed. Hold in this position for a count of 5. Negative pressure occurs when the jaw drops, the tongue moves away from the hard palate, cheeks contract, the soft palate elevates, and the lips remain sealed. Repeat 5-7 times today.
You will feel the warming sensation in the middle and lower face region. It does mean blood flow is increased to the region of muscular work. When a muscle contracts, energy is used. The byproduct of this process is lactic acid which could build up with intense exercising and cause burning sensation. Reduce amount of repetitions if pleasant warming sensation turns to “feeling burn”.
3.Cheek firming muscles exercises. Press FacExer against your left cheek. Place your fingers across your right cheek in order to stabilize skin. Smile with your left cheek rising left corner of your mouth. Repeat 10-15 times. You should feel resistance created by weight of the FacExer.
Perform this exercise for the right cheek.
Exercising with FacExer is your new experience. Remember: every time a new product is introduced to your daily routine, you may encounter a temporary reaction. Your skin must become accustomed. We recommend allowing at least two weeks for your skin to acclimate to exercising. Important:
• Prior exercising: make sure your skin is free from any dirt, dust, pollution and any skincare product which could be irritant to your skin;
• Wash FacExer with soup and water before and after exercising;
• Reduce amount of repetitions if you feel uncomfortable and gradually increase it as tolerating.
Optional: -You can exercise with wet FacExer. It will keep your skin well hydrated. Rinse FacExer periodically under running tap water. If you have a very dry skin, please refer to more tips in our blog about exercising using natural home made facial masks.