Exercises With FACEXER For Jaw And Neck Muscle Strengthening.
When your body's muscles and joints are balanced and supported properly, you're better performing everyday activities. Regular exercises also give you a healthy, glowing look.Remember to maintain proper oral posture: forcefully press your tongue flat to the roof of your mouth, keeping tip of your tongue behind the front teeth, but not touching your teeth. Keep your lips together. Your upper and lower teeth are in a relaxed position and are not engaged.
Warm up exercises.
Warm up your muscle tissue and joints, release tension- we hold a tremendous amount of tension in our head, face and neck muscles. Warm up exercises are recommended before and after every exercising session. Sitting position is preferable for warm up exercising.
Important: During any exercising your skin should be held in place by FACEXER and should be moving in unison with muscle tissue underneath. FACEXER is YOUR personal exerciser which is shaping and fitting exactly to YOU, embracing YOUR particular forms, gently holding skin in place to prevent wrinkle formation during exercising.
a) Keep your right (left) hand with palm up parallel to the floor. Place FACEXER on the top of your palm. Drop your forehead on FACEXER and gently press it with your forehead 10 times. Important: use your neck muscles to produce the pressure, not your hand.
- b) Place FACEXER under your chin. Then, keeping your tongue against the roof of your mouth, slowly press with your chin against FACEXER without rounding your upper back. You should feel your chin and the front of your neck contract.
Then make 5 circles clockwise and 5 circles anticlockwise with your chin while still pressing against FACEXER.
Now you are ready to exercise.
Remember: all exercises will build up your strength by steadily resisting force. Doing the exercises properly is important. Take your time and focus on each motion as well as the muscles you are using.
- Start with your mouth open. Hold the FACEXER with both hands, stretch the FACEXER horizontally and place approximately one third of it around your lower jaw, applying pressure to keep your lower jaw open. Press the rest of the FACEXER against the skin around your lower lip and chin. Try to close your mouth using nothing but your jaw muscles - do not move your head! Hold for a count of 5. You will definitely feel fatigue in your jaw and neck muscles after doing this a few times. Start out only doing 3-5 of these.
- For the next jaw and neck exercise you start in the opposite direction. Start with your mouth closed. This time have the FACEXER placed under your chin. Without moving your head try to open your mouth. Hold for a count of 5 or until the warming sensation in the neck region has arrived.
- Focus on the lower part of the face and neck. Place the middle part of the FACEXER in your mouth between tongue and roof of the mouth. Press remainder of FACEXER against your lips and chin. Do not engage your teeth. Hold FACEXER with your lips and start a sucking motion with your tongue. Notice the majority of the muscles above your shoulders – muscles of the neck, chin, tongue, forehead, around your eyes, around the mouth - are engaged in this motion – isotonically or isometrically. Repeat 5-10 times.
- As you gain strength repeat exercise 3 creating more resistance by pulling the FACEXER away from your face during suction motions. The resistance applied should be less than the muscles are capable of overcoming. Resistance during exercises can be varied if desired, by moving the hand farther away from or closer to the mouth.
- Place FACEXER in front of your neck. Then, keeping your tongue against the roof of your mouth, lower your chin to your chest as far as possible, pressing with your chin against FACEXER without rounding your upper back. You should feel your chin and the front of your neck contract.
- Place FACEXER in your mouth between your teeth, forcing FACEXER way from your mouth against resistance, provided by your lips. Press with your tongue against FACEXER for 5-10 times, trying to hold FACEXER between your tongue and your lips.
On top of exercising the main muscles, FacExer will also require the input from various stabilizing muscles as well or you may recruit more muscles than just the group you're focused on. For example, if you are exercising muscles of the upper part of your face, you need to engage your neck, tongue, shoulder, and back muscles to coordinate and hold your body steady during the exercises. Likewise, if you're doing the sucking motion exercise for your tongue and mouth muscles, you will naturally recruit muscles of the forehead and around your eyes, and in your abdomen and back to steady your body. That is why we recommend to do forehead exercises next (see video on our website www.facexer.com)
Warning: Before beginning any exercise program, you should always consult with your doctor, or physician, particularly if you have or suspect any sort of medical condition that might be worsened by exercise. Although exercise is beneficial to most people's skin, it can also exacerbate certain skin conditions. If in doubt, consult your doctor or physician.
Do not exercise with any removable dental appliances in your mouth.